Tu-Bardh

Tu-Bardh
Pencil on paper

Wednesday 21 December 2011

What I find hard to do!

This is a hard blog to write, mainly because you have to admit what you can not do, to write about it. My shortfall is hands, I have always had trouble getting the shapes and shading right! Well since I have had the time and inclination to put the work in to get the hang of my nemesis:).

Well as you see above this drawing is of Grant Mcconnell from  a Scottish band called "The Picts". I did ask permission before doing the portrait.                     https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Picts/167712023288641?ref=ts

I saw this image on their Facebook page and wanted to draw it for a while his expression is wonderful and the composition is great, I am jealous of whoever took the image:) BUT I was dreading doing it because of my nemesis:( and the position of the fingers was worrying me also!

I bit the bullet and started the drawing and well I think it went quite well in fact, and with all the drawing I have been doing lately I did not seem to have the problem I had in the past, I was working myself up into a lather for no reason! So the lesson I learnt with this is that the old adage is true practice, practice and then practice some more:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment