Tu-Bardh

Tu-Bardh
Pencil on paper

Monday 5 September 2011

Creating the Mood

I was wondering the other day, what to put on iTunes today while I'm working would you not think your favorite music or sounds would work! Am afraid I can't draw to Janis Joplin or Meatloaf for that matter it seems I create the mood even before I sit down to draw or paint or photograph. I subconsciously create my environment before starting and I only found out when I put Summertime by Janis on and found myself listening instead of drawing!!!!


I seem to do well listening to Clanadonia, bagpipes and drums. Calamity Jane on DVD does well. Also Red hot chili Pipers again bagpipes and drums there's a theme going on here me thinks! It does not seem to matter what kind of drawing it is, maybe my mood is what I take into account, as, this seems to be a subconscious act at this time while writing I listening to Enter the Haggis's Star of the County Down. 


I have just finished a painting of Hunter the Cairn Terrier and he was very hard to do so many colours in his coat and getting a true representation was difficult, I think more so as I tried to change my listening music, and so it took longer to finish than it would have!

No comments:

Post a Comment