Tu-Bardh

Tu-Bardh
Pencil on paper

Monday 16 April 2012

Drawing verses Digital Drawing


Where  to start, well, have not been blogging lately as you can see I have been drawing alot and that is where the idea for this blog came from.


I do think that digital drawing is a discipline all to its self, but, I also believe you should be strong in non digital drawing before maybe trying some of the software that is out there. 


I keep my hand in with graphite and paper and acrylic on canvas I was even playing around with ink the other day! 


The Swan and Cygnets (Thanks to L.C.Nøttaasen for an inspirational photowas drawn using a graphics tablet and an old piece of software that I went through Uni with I do not need hi-tech software because I am only using it the same as the graphite drawing of Grant the accordion player with the Picts a Scottish band or soft pastels. The dragon was a mono print using ink on a glass printing plate and a straw and then hi-lighting with black ink and pen.


It is great to keep changing discipline's and media as I do think it keeps things fresh and interesting.


Hopefully I will blog in the near future next time :-)
Jaqui

No comments:

Post a Comment